Homemade- All Natural Toothpaste

For a delicious life, I've been working on ridding the toxins out of all aspects of my life. So naturally, I was interested in making my own toothpaste as well. Now that I have been using this for about a year, and I've had a couple of dentist check ups, I feel ready to share with the rest of you. My dentist continues to say everything looks perfect and "keep doing what your doing."


There are a ton of homemade toothpaste recipes online. I use this simple one, just because I have these ingredients on hand on any given day.

I don't measure precisely, but I mix equal parts of coconut oil and baking soda. Then just drip in essential oils to taste. This time around I choose spearmint. But I have used peppermint and thieves and love them all!


I did melt the coconut oil just a touch to make mixing a little bit easier. It will solidify as it cools. (In warmer months of the year this will become more runny.)

Brush up and show me those pearly whites!


I must admit, this toothpaste took some time for me to love. I was used to the sweeter toothpaste blends at the store and initially this tasted bitter and I hated it. After daily use, I am in love. I used a small travel tube of store bought on our vacation a few months back and couldn't stand it. Goes to show you can train your habits and taste buds.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -