Stick to Your Ribs- Homemade Noodles

One thing that continues to amaze me is all of the quick modern food conveniences we have today.They have their place, by all means, but we have become so accustomed to these items that sometimes I think most Americans have never tasted "the real thing."

Today I am talking about homemade pasta. I am the only person that I know that makes homemade noodles. I came about it one day when I was trying to come up with a way to turn my chicken noodle soup from good to amazing.

With a couple of kitchen tools and a couple of ingredients, you too can made homemade pasta and bring out the "Little Italy" in your kitchen.

If you have a mixer with a hook attachment, this will make quick work for you. You can also mix by hand if you don't have one.

Eggs, olive oil and a dash of salt go into the mixer.


Slowly add flour until the dough attaches to the hook and stops becoming sticky. This picture is right in the middle, still needing some more flour at this point.


Once it has pulled together, take the dough off the hook and continue to dust flour as needed to keep any sticky parts under control.


Take a portion of the dough and start to stretch out to desired thickness. Before I had this hand crank, I did roll my pasta out with a rolling pin. So it is possible folks. And you get in some daily exercise in too.


For my homemade soup, I roll it out to setting 3 or 4 on my hand crank. For fettuccine or spaghetti I roll thinner to the number 5 setting.

Then I crank through to the cutter.



Cut to your desired length. Again, for my soup recipe I cut these smaller pieces. But if you'd like to check out the longer fettuccine noodles, my friend Jennifer has captured some nice pictures from our seafood fettuccine alfredo at Iron Oak Farm.

http://ironoakfarm.blogspot.com/2016/02/80s-dance-music-and-mixed-seafood.html


What is great is you throw them right into a pot of hot water and it only takes a couple of minutes to cook. These noodles are a filling, yummy treat, and a nice way to have some added protein to your meal.


Since they have a lot of flavor, all you need is a simple sauce or broth to add them to. Put on a little Frank Sinatra, maybe a glass of wine and enjoy. CIAO!


Noodles

Ingredients
3 eggs
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
dash of salt
2 + cups of flour

Beat eggs salt and olive oil.
Slowly add flour until nice soft ball is formed with no stickiness.
Roll out and cut to desired thickness and length.
Boil in water until done.



- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -