Bananas


 For the sake of documentation, I just wanted to capture my memory of the birth of our 3rd child! 

At 39 weeks pregnant, I awoke at midnight with my water breaking and waddling to the bathroom. I woke up my husband and had him call my mom whom was on standby to watch the other kids. 

I started to  get excited yet nervous to meet this new little one. Once my mom arrived at our house we left for the hospital. With my other 2 kids my water broke while in labor and only once I had progressed to nearly pushing so we were initially a bit worried about getting to the hospital. But then upon arriving I was equally nervous that no contractions or anything had started. Your brain can get the best of you and I wondered if something was wrong.


I was monitored and checked and ultimately sent home with the staff insisting my water did not break. Then “what the heck came out of me”, I wondered as we drove back home. We got only a few hours of sleep till the big kids woke up and more fluid ran out. But still no contractions. 

My husband convinced me to take the day off work and good thing I did. (I was stubborn and took much convincing)We walked down the road and I had a midwife check up that afternoon with my favorite midwife. My mom called right as I was about to leave for my checkup insisting she take me and I not drive myself. Thanks mom, you know how stubborn I am.

I told my midwife what happened she checked me, immediately proclaimed my water did break, contractions were starting and I was to go to the hospital/ birthing center immediately. I got dressed called my husband and my midwife gave me a big hug. And simply said “Stacey, you’re going to meet this baby today! You can do it!” She knew exactly what I needed to hear.

So my mom took me to the hospital, where triage was rude saying if my mom stays they don’t allow people to “switch out” and wouldn’t let my husband in when he got there. They “graciously  allowed” her to stay in the waiting area after much convincing while Nate was on his way in case I progressed quickly. I understand Covid rules trying not to let a bunch of people in, but seriously people- if a woman is in labor she needs someone as a support person.

Luckily this baby wasn’t in a rush and after being monitored, Nate arrived and I was once again cleared for the natural birthing center.

They walked me into room 3, where we had Dottie 4 years ago, and looked across the hall at the other room Wes was born in 20 months ago. I’m so so grateful I’ve been able to have my babies in this amazing space!

Things were slow to progress, and there’s a beautiful outdoor walking area I haven’t used before, it was going to rain soon so I told Nate it was now or never and we walked around doing laps. It was chilly but I  knew it would be good for me.

Back inside, I was so glad the midwife on staff stayed with me the whole time. For Wesley’s birth, even when I was dilated  to a 9, a different midwife immediately left the room so my husband had to find her 5 mins later when I was ready for birth. But the one we had this time stayed yet didn’t intervene, her and Nate talked while I breathed and worked through it, giving me support and water when needed. But she complimented me for staying calm and could see progress and knowing it was my third time around knew I was ok. We planned for Nate to catch the baby, but as baby made its way out, the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. So the midwife swooped in seamlessly, fixed everything and Nate pronounced it was another little girl.


Hanna Marie

9lbs 4oz 

March 2, 2022 at 8:22pm (military time is 20:22) so kinda perfect timing with numbers 😀


We quickly realized the longer birth was she was also born “sunny side up”, like her sister, which is way harder to do. And at that big weight, phew- well- Hanna sure did test my limits. Haha


As she was placed on me, she wasn’t crying and I kept asking if she was ok, she did look a bit blue/purple, due to the cord, but she took her breath at last.

And then there were five.

Hanna- meaning “gracious.” It was the only other girl name we debated when Dottie was born. Hannah in the Bible struggled with infertility and god finally gave her children. Though we had our Hanna easily this time around, that wasn’t the case prior to Dottie. We had a lot of grieving times.

We also thought the character from the movie Hanna was amazing. A teenager with strength and abilities of a soldier. So far our Hanna is very much living up to her name with lots of “growling “ noises and that she crawled and pulled up to stand at 5 months old and now at 6 months goes straight to standing without pulling up in anything. And then walking at 9 months old.

Marie- my middle name, and I was named after my aunts. But it does mean “star of the sea”. And with us living on the lake, it’s perfect. She does enjoy the water and viciously splashes in it.

She is strong, fierce, and determined, already funny, sweet and beautiful.

So excited to see how she grows and continues to fit in our family. ❤️




- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -