A Thankful Heart

A delicious life is not only about food. It is surrounding yourself with whatever makes you happy. It it your passions. It is what you love.


All month, I've been reading beautiful posts from friends and family and what they are thankful for. There really is so much good in life and it is sad that this is the only time of year the majority of people sit to reflect on this topic.

It is easy for us all to get sucked into negative people, bad situations, death and sadness. It is a part of life that we all must deal with. And in some of those times, it is hardest to see the good, even though it is there.


An old gentleman, I've become friends with, once came into a restaurant I used to work at. He sat down with a solemn face, which was really unlike him.

As I approached, he said "Take no offense. I am just not in a good place today and not in the mood to talk. Can I just have a sundae?"

I obliged and took the lovingly prepared sundae to him. I watched from afar the wheels churn in his head and the sadness on his face.

Before he left, I told him, "I believe we can't have a good day everyday. It is what makes good days so sweet and special when we do have them."

This dear friend was back weeks later and thanked me for the kind words and he confessed that it gave him a better perception on his woes that day.


Since that day, I've been trying to have more gratitude and a greater inner peace. I challenge you to find more time throughout the year to be thankful. I think it may surprise you how rich your life is!

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!


- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -